16 January 2010

Too late now

10 hours and counting.
It's time to man up and put my big boy pants on.

I'm starting to get into the zone. I picked up my race packet at the Health Expo this morning. Lots of vendors/displays/things to buy. A lot of companies geared toward the marathoners. You can buy new shorts/shirts/shoes/running tights/hydration systems/gear bags/hats/gloves/energy food for dirt cheap. I have most of my gear already so I picked up some high energy gel shots and some Cliff Bars for the road. Coulda used the boost around mile 10 last year. Laying low tonight and taking it easy. Lite dinner and hitting the sack shortly. Weather is supposed to be clearing at race time with the temps in the mid 40s. That makes it a bit more interesting because I don't want to bundle up too much only to have to peal it off once I warm up. When you drop gear along the trail, there is no guarantee that you will get it back. Some of the old hands are decked out in black plastic garbage backs to keep warm prior to start only to peal it off once they gun goes off. Start time for my wave is 0710. It's kinda like hearding cattle at the start with a mob of people heading out across the start line. Takes about a mile for the crowd to a decent pace where you are not getting run over or you're stepping on someone. Hope to see Elvis along the trail again. Technology is pretty neat these days. We all have timing chips on our shoes that track our exact location on the course and give you interval times. Once you are on the course, it wil give you your pace, your position, and your ranking while running and lets friends & family track your status while you are on the road. 29453 if you feel like seeing my progress.

It's gonna be a long day tomorrow. Planning to head downtown around 0500 to find a good packing spot near the convention center. After I drag my sorry butt across the finish line (or get carried), the wife and I are going out to eat with my parents & brother and then we are going to see A Chorus Line.

Junior left for school this afternoon and is already back in his apartment. Holidays are finally over and he is ready to start the semester.

------------

Oh, and by the way, I was crusing the gear shops in the expo and saw alot of neat things to buy. Spotted this shirt on the rack and immediately thought of Abby.


1 comment:

meleah rebeccah said...

That shirt? Is Awesome!

Oh and I absolutely LOVE A Chorus Line!!!