02 January 2010

So long 2009!

Vaya con dios!
Adiós!
Hasta la vista, baby!
Auf Wiedersehen!
À bientôt!!
Ciao!
Shalom!
Yadalanh!
Sayonara!
Aloha nõ!

2009's been a long & bumpy year. Lots to be grateful for. Much to look forward to.

We survived the road trip to the country. Was wet and cold most of the time. Hard to enjoy camping with a wet dog who loves to run through puddles and ditches, regardless of how cold and windy it is. I almost renamed the dog ShamWow because he seemed to soak up all the water from outside. The rally wasn't as much fun when you are servicing as host and have to do all the cooking/cleaning/party planning. By the time New Year's rolled around, I was working on a serious headache. Way too much food/drink and everyone enjoyed themselves, but I am worn out. Four fried turkeys, two batches of Wassail, and 5 Dutch Oven cobblers. Glad to have the weekend of football to recover. Not looking forward to returning to the office after a 10 days off, but at least it will be a short week for me as I have another supplier trip planned to Phoenix. I am just not looking forward to the increased airport screening thanks to the underwear bomber. It's bad enough that I have to take off my shoes...

And, No I won't bore you with any New Year's Resolutions. How can one improve on perfection?

3 comments:

terri said...

The wet, cold camping trip doesn't sound so fun. I'll bet you're glad to be back home.

No resolutions? Perfection? I wonder if your wife agrees with you? ;-)

Abby said...

Hey, happy new year!

ShamWow - I think that would be a great dog name.

meleah rebeccah said...

Happy New Year, and welcome home!

{I didnt make any resolutions this year either!}