Momma and I have been together a long time. Hell, we've been together longer than a few countries have been in existence. Next week, my darling bride and I will celebrate/commemorate our union of 29 years. 29 years. Wow. Just saying that makes me feel old. I used to know the list of anniversary gifts for the early years (paper, gold, diamonds) but what is the gift for 29? We are not big on gifts for each other and we tend to celebrate in a nice little quiet restaurant (although nothing says love like a 42 in HD TV).
One of my co-workers (the one I Kilroy'd) just celebrated her 5th year (rookie). She asked me how we stayed together for so long. A few of the many reasons:
- I'm old to break in another spouse
- She knows all of my jokes
- We're trying to see who can outlast the other
- I know how to reset the clocks for daylight savings time
- I'm the designated bug killer/poop clean up guy
- We cannot agree on who would get the dog
What do you get for 29 years?