09 April 2009

Change is good?

Long week. I mentioned before that I am in charge of a computer system upgrade at the office and we are in testing mode this week. Lots of early mornings/late nights. We are trying to validate the system to insure it works properly. That means testing every nook & cranny to see if all of the functions work. There are a ton of different tests/scenarios to test out and I have a small crew of people testing all day & night. Since I am the point man on this deal and considered to have the most knowledge, any problems that occur along the way wind up on my desk and there are a sizeable number of problems. Most of my days have been trying to diagnose the issue (is it a system or operator problem) and keep this thing on track. It's definitely been a test of my good nature/humor to keep a smile on this week. And this is only the 2nd round of testing we have to do while we validate. We have several more to run before we go live in July. It's gonna be a long summer.


Looks like it's Easter dinner here at our house again this year. Seems like we have become an annual tradition. It's not that I don't mind dining with my family, it is just all of the logistical prep work that goes into the event. Me? I am a simple guy and prefer simpler venues like the 3 B's (bugers & dogs & beer), but I will go with whatever my commander directs me.

And along the line of Be Careful of What You Wish For - there is a big change in the wind for us. Not to spill the beans but we are about to embark upon an interesting challenge this week.


Stay tuned. Details to follow...


Life is hard. Get a helmet.

2 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Argh, I hate upgrade time! I sometimes wish we could turn things back. In fact I regularly DO turn things back, as a lot of what I do takes place on my old OS9 Mac! HAH!

terri said...

Sorry to hear things have been so stressful. And of course, I'm extremely curious as to this big change on the horizon...