29 January 2010

Friday follies

Ever had one of those weeks where just making it to Friday night is a major milestone?
I swear that some people are put on this earth just to test me.

Thank god for weekends and scotch. I would probably gone postal by now, if not given an outlet for my agnst. The good thing about having more than one needy, highly affection and attention deficit dog is that it does tend to take the edge off. Hard to maintain my grumpy attitude when I am greeted by two goofy smiles and a pair of asyncronous wagging tails. I've been in nonstop meetings/conference calls since Wednesday. It's been one of those wheels came off the bus weeks for me and I am sincerely glad to see Friday arrive.

Both mutts are glad to greet me at the door with a smile on their butts. More of Claire is showing every day . She is an absolute sweetheart and knows how to work the system. You gotta feel sorry for her with her sparking smile, shaved belly and cone of shame but I see a little skamp in her eyes at time. Grayson is jealous of any attention she gets so any time I am petting one dog, the other shows up in short order. What I find funny is that when Grayson is parked at my lap getting some serious headscratching, Claire will meander in with her cone of aloofness and shoulder her way into the situation (kind of like a snow plow clearing the area). I feel sorry for her, but I swear that, at times, she is using that cone to muscle out Grayson for some extra attention. Both dogs have gotten along well. Despite her recent surgery and condition, Claire acts like she is ready to party. Grayson, being the consumate teenager, is always ready to rumble. Between the two, I have my hands full.

On the new great nephew front, momma & pappa are tired but doing well. Juliana is a getting lots of attention & loving as the new clan member. I am quite sure she will be properly spoiled.
----
Side note: When I talked with my son Thursday night at college, I broke the news to him that he is no longer the youngest member of the family.

2 comments:

meleah rebeccah said...

I am glad your rough week is behind you, and I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

terri said...

I haven't seen a week like that in a while. I'm looking forward to getting back to hair-on-fire busy.

One thing I love about dogs is that they are ALWAYS thrilled to see you come home. Must be nice to get a double dose of that unconditional love.