17 January 2010

Still alive

Survived the race with no long term damage.

Weather was beautiful. A ton of people. Huge crowd of spectators along the route.

I even was able to better my time from last year (2:21). Not by much, but was able to shave off 12 minutes from last year's pace. Did ok, not great, but ok. Knees are not complaining this year but legs are stiff. Was holding my own but started to run out of gas around mile 10. Need to work on my endurance for next time. Made the final turn to the last 1/2 mile straightaway to the finish line and my hamsting started to cramp up. Was able stay loose enough to make the last push over the line. I feel sore & tired but in decent shape. Of course, come morning, I may be singing a different tune.

5 comments:

terri said...

You improved on last year's time with no training? Crazy! Congratulations on your finish! Hope you're not in too much pain tomorrow.

meleah rebeccah said...

Woooo Hooooooo!

Abby said...

Well, you were pretty quiet about this upcoming race! Nice finish! And yes, I LOVE that t-shirt!

Rock Chef said...

Excellent stuff!

Did you sign up for next year?

agg79 said...

Terri,

Thanks. I actually did a bit more than I let on but I should have been running every other day. Too lazy.

Mel,

Boo-Yah!

Abby,

Did not want to make a big deal about it. And the shirt is so you. They had other slogans but that one spoke to me.

RC,

Not yet. This thing has turned into a major production. They won't open registration until July 30th and, based upon last year's sign up, you better jump on it (filled up in 18 hours after opening registration). In spite of all my complaints/grumblings, I may do this again in 2011 (if I am still able).