08 January 2010

1.5 seconds of fame

Made it back home around noon without any problems. Actually, I made it to work for a few hours before I went home (details, details). I hate to fly but love nonstop flights. Slept most of the way, read the rest. Walked back into a chilly 30 degree temperatures. Forecast is for mid-20s tonight and through the weekends. I think the only one who is enjoying the "cooler" weather down here is the dog. Seems to make him more frisky. Of course, he was elated to see me back home (Walk? Can we go for a walk? Can we? Huh? Huh? Oboyoboyoboy). I think the poor mut musta missed me. Given the results of our extended frosty walk, I would assume he has not pooped since I left.

Anyway, while I was out in Phoenix, my son was attending the BCS conference game in Pasadena, California. I tried to catch the game in a local beer pub near the hotel but missed the opening hoopla. My wife informed me later (exitedly I might add) that our offspring was spotted on the TV holding the flag on the field. Our friend who made the sharp spot had TIVO and she backed up and advanced it frame-by-frame to capture the picture with her cell phone. Sure enough, junior was dead center in the picture with a shit-eating grin having the time of his life. Of course, momma has capture said picture and posted it on her facebook page.


Parents - if you don't embarrase your kids now, when will you?
Now I just have to head back to the airport at midnight to pick him up again...

2 comments:

terri said...

Awww... how sweet! You know how very attached Grayson is to you when you realize he can't poop without you!

What a cool deal for you son to be involved in, AND thanks to technology, you get to see him in all his glory!

meleah rebeccah said...

That is wicked cool your wife was able to get a PHOTO of your son on TV! WOOT!