24 January 2010

Be careful what you wish for...

You know if you say something out loud, it may come to pass. This last month we have been sorta pondering fostering another dog. We were not seriously looking for another hairy mouth to feed & clean up after, but considering getting a "temporary" playmate for Grayson to bleed off some of the puppy energy and help foster a dog into a permanent home.



Well now, the GBGRR group must have had their radar up on that one because yesterday morning as I am leaving the house, I get a call from Midge asking if we would consider fostering another female. Of course, she caught me at a weak moment.




So, without further ado, I'd like to introduce the latest member of the clan:






Claire




Her bio on the website reads like a personal ad:


You can't feel blue around Claire. She is always smiling! Claire is sweet, gentle, gets along well with other dogs and ignores the cats. If you're looking for a well-mannered, quiet cutie, consider Claire.

She is supposed to be around 5 years old and very calm dog. She looks a bit older with her muzzle starting to grey up a bit. A bit smaller than Grayson, they have tolerated each other well. I think Gray is nervous that we are replacing him. Claire is "in tact" which means the first order of business is to have her spayed. She is also heartworm positive, so we have that session to look forward to again. She looks to be in good shape, but we don't have a lot of details on her back ground. I think she was a stray picked up in Bay City. She is well behaved indoors, but she hasn't been here long enough to cause problems. She is a sweetheart and will love on you if you get close enough. After our initial introduction, I took both dogs back to the truck for the short ride home. Grayson, always the gentlemen, shoved her aside as he clambered up in the truck, but Claire jumped right in after him. She climbed over the console and parked her butt in the right front passenger seat (I swear I heard her call "shotgun") and rode home quite content in that seat. So far the experiment is going well. Let's see how we do with coordinating mutilple vet trips.




4 comments:

Abby said...

Claire is a real beauty! Too bad about the heartworm - been there, done that!

This is why I don't go to adoption fairs! I know I'll come home with a new family member!

terri said...

Oh, it's another dog! You had me worried for a while there!

Claire is a cutie pie. I just came from my brother-in-law's house. His dog, Abby, looks just like Claire. Abby is getting a little gray already too, and when I asked how old she was, I was surprised to learn she is only six. Must be typical of the breed?

Congratulations on your new addition!

meleah rebeccah said...

Claire is GORGEOUS!

Rock Chef said...

Oh isn't she beautiful! Love the way she took the front seat - definitely settling in well.

Hope the heart worms can be sorted out for her.