15 January 2010

Same song, second verse

Here I go again

For some reason, I keep signing up for things that are detrimental to my well being. You think I'd learn after last year, but, noooo, I have some sort of masochistic streak that keeps drawing me back. At my advanced age, I should be happy just getting up in the morning. But as they say in the movies: Stupid is as stupid does.
Just got my bib number (29453). We tee off in a little over 48 hours at 0700 Sunday morning. I'm not expecting to break any records this year, just trying to improve my time from last year. Given the amount of running I have done of late, I should be happy to make it across the finsh line upright. Typically, I'm jazzed up for this run, but this year I just haven't been fully into it. I just keep reminding myself I am running for a reason/cause. Weather is projected to be pretty good again this year.

2 comments:

Rock Chef said...

A bit late to start training, I guess.

Well I hope you get round OK - look forward to hearing all about it next week!

terri said...

Good luck! I have a feeling you'll do great even though it sounds like you're expecting not to. Can't wait to hear all about it.