12 March 2009

What's that smell?

Ever smell something that wasn't there? Woke up this morning and though I smelled toast. I even falsely accused the spouse of cooking toast last night and she thought I was nuts (I am, but that's besides the point). Occasionally, I can smell something and not find the source. I went to the range two weeks ago for some stress reduction exercises and could smell the smoke for days afterwards. Even after showering and changing clothes, I still could smell the smoke.

Maybe it is old age, maybe it is mental, but I have noticed those little things more & more. Like when someone cooks fish heads in the breakroom microwave or somebody burns popcorn or somebody decides to marinate in their cologne/perfume. Sometimes the odor is so pervasive that you can almost taste it (and not in a good way).

BTW - ya'll are depressing me. Only one has given me feed back on my contest. Too hard? Too lame? I'm starting to feel like Ben Stein here (Bueller?...Bueller?...Bueller?). I'll even give some hints: sci fi, action, cult, action, romance, comedy/saga, western, comedy, western, action/thriller. There's a prize in it for the winner.

Gotta run now. Need some toast.

5 comments:

terri said...

People cook fish heads in your break room microwave? I hope you're kidding!

I had an episode of smelling something burning last summer when I'd drive my car. I would tell Mark about it and he would check it out and never smell it. Finally, to appease me, he took the car to the mechanic. When the car went up on the lift, the problem was solved. There was a plastic bag stuck to the muffler and burning to it.

I forgot about the movie lines. I knew none, and asked our resident movie expert, Jake but we were stumped. One of them rings a bell but it won't come to me. I'll try again.

terri said...

Correction... I know ONE of them and one rings a bell. This is going to drive me nuts.

Rock Chef said...

I sometimes get that - usually ends up being a lump of something nasty on my shoe!

Abby said...

I admit that I didn't know any of your movie lines. Is there a prize for that??

My smell buds are sorely lacking, but I did smell smoke today. Wasn't good.

Anonymous said...

um did you know that smelling toast is supposed to be a sign of a stroke coming on. seriously. i think it's toast or maybe burnt toast but toast is in there somewhere.

i could cheat and use my cousin for the movie answers but that's just as bad as using google so i will admit that i am just stupid when it comes to lines from movies. course i never have understood why ppl would want to memorize lines from movies so maybe i'm not stupid and just selective. :)