06 March 2009

Friday?

Ok, who moved my week?

I swear I was just minding own business sitting here drinking my coffee on Monday and cruising the net (aka reading up on everyone's blogs) when I turn around and Friday smacks me in the face. Time is a relative (or so I've been told) and how fast or slow it moves depends upon which side of the bathroom door you're on. Between work and home, the week has flown by. On one hand, I am frustrated by how quickly it passes and I have so much to do. On the other hand, it definitely is not boring. I have been with my current company for 8+ years (joined them right after 9-11) and it has been a hell of a roller coaster ride for most of those years. Between projects, new products, material problems, personnel issues, stock price fluctuations, the one thing I can say is that it has been very interesting.

My previous job was with a smaller firm and, at times, I felt stagnant. The pace was a lot slower and the crisises were not as severe. Honestly, I was bored. When my current role opened up to me, I jumped on the challenge and it has not been a dull ride. Be careful what you wish for, you may get it.

For those who complain about their jobs/positions/roles, remember that we sometimes live with our choices. I chose this position with both eyes open and, while I may occasionally grouse about the work load or co-workers or management decisions, it is my job and I try to give it 110%. Anything less is not in my nature. So, when I look around at the pile of work and tasks in front of me, I remind myself to be grateful for the opportunity (and paycheck).

Was planning to head to Austin this weekend to check out my offspring, but he is busy (he has a life) and I need to knock out a few more tests at the office. I hope to get some yard work in this weekend. Spring is knocking on the door down here and the yard is looking sad. Of course, momma has a list of chores for me to do as well. Where does the weekend go?

But I have promises to keep
and miles to go before I sleep...

4 comments:

terri said...

Great attitude about the job!

I have a to-do list to, so if you somehow end up bored this weekend, let me know!

agg79 said...

Gee, thanks.
At least I don't have to shovel the driveway this weekend.

Abby said...

Grass is always greener. When work is busy, I look forward to a break. When it's slow, I want more!

My dog kennel needs cleaning. I hear you're good with a shovel.

Anonymous said...

it amazes me how i don't have enough time each week and yet i don't work, hardly clean house, hardly cook, and don't have kids. how come i can't keep up with my blog reading and posting?? all these other ppl on here work AND have kids AND actually clean their houses. what's up with that?? oh. yeah. i sit on my ass reading books all day. damn.

glad you're enjoying your job. :)