07 March 2009

Do you remember these?

Spring is around the corner. The sun is shining, days are getting warmer, the trees are blooming, got pollen all over the truck.

So that means contest time! Name That Movie!

I am shamelessly stealing a contest idea from Rock Chef. Time to tap that vast array of trivial knowledge that I know you all have. I have listed 10 sayings/expressions lifted from various movies I have seen over the decades. The challenge for you is to list the name of the movie. Send me your answers by email (jlg19779@yahoo.com) - the winner will not only be gloat over the others but they will also be the recipient of a cool PRIZE!

I am trying to make this easy, but I am sure many of you will recognize a few of these expressions. Using Google is a bit of a cheat, but I cannot prevent you from using it. I'll just have to trust ya!

1. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.

2. Go ahead. Make my day.

3. Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Oh well, allow me to retort. What does MW look like?

4. Chance favors the prepared mind.

5. Is it just me or is Valentine's Day on steroids this year?

6. I was not hit by a train. Damnit, I am the paterfamilias!

7. Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way.

8. We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round.

9. Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy.

10. C: He’s making his first mistake. N: It’s not a mistake. They don’t make mistakes. They don’t do random. There is always an objective. Always a target. P: The objectives and targest always came from us. Who's giving them to him now? N: Scary version? He is.

I'll give ya'll a week to see what the results are...

Bonne Chance!

4 comments:

terri said...

Ok, after a first read through, I've got NUTHIN!

I'll do the same as I did for Rock Chef's contest. No google. I'll read them over and over, ask the family what they know, then send you what I come up with, if anything.

meleah rebeccah said...

how do I not know any of these?

Rock Chef said...

Uh, I know one! But given the comments above maybe I am still in with a chance!

BTW I need an address to send your prize to. If you send it to

mawaliuk@yahoo.com

I will send it to you from sunny Malta!

Anonymous said...

yeah i'm with chief. i know one and can't believe that terri and meleah don't know that one either.
"Go ahead. Make my day" i mean everybody knows that, don't they?