21 March 2009

Answers

As promised, here are the answers to the contest. Remember, the goal was to name the movie that these quotes or lines were used in. Some old, some new.

1. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave. (Serenity) - Nice movie based upon the plot/characters from the short series Firefly. Kind of a western meets sci fi theme. Funny plot lines. The series has a bit cult following but I only picked up on it this last year.



2. Go ahead. Make my day. (Sudden Impact) - Clint Eastwood. 4th Dirty Harry movie. I've seen all of the DH series but the first two were the best.


3. Oh, I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Oh well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like? (Pulp Fiction) - Cult classic by Quentin Tarantino. Very dark comedy.


4. Chance favors the prepared mind. (Under Siege 2 – Dark Territory) - Lame movie. One of Steven Segal's brooding, kick everybody's ass movies. Loved the quote. Turns out it was actually creditited to Louis Pasteur.



5. Is it just me or is Valentine's Day on steroids this year? (Sex in The City) - chick flic.


6. I was not hit by a train. Damnit, I am the paterfamilias! (O Brother, Where Art Thou?) - A very funny, but strange movie. Was based upon Homer's Odyssey.



7. Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way. (True Grit) - Classic John Wayne.



8. We live, we die, and the wheels on the bus go round and round. (The Bucket List) - Nice comedy with a dark side. I like Nickolsen & Freeman.



9. Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy. (The Outlaw Josie Wales) - 2nd Clint Eastwood movie on my list. A great, but different western.

10. C: He’s making his first mistake. N: It’s not a mistake. They don’t make mistakes. They don’t do random. There is always an objective. Always a target. P: The objectives and targets always came from us. Who's giving them to him now? N: Scary version? He is. (The Bourne Supremacy) - Suspense/thriller. Loved the character/plot.



Man, I really need to get a life. These are some of the movies I have seen over the past 52 years and I have copped a few quotes from these that I occasionally use.
Congrats to terri for taking first place. I will mail it off next week when I get back from Reno. I will hold off showing everyone what you've won until you get it.

3 comments:

terri said...

Thanks for the answers. The suspense was killing me!

agg79 said...

You're welcome.
I've always been a movie nut of sorts. Like to quote lines from some of my favorites. You will find more than a few on this blog at times.

meleah rebeccah said...

Ah ha!