07 February 2008

Too much time

Ever had way too much time on your hands?

Since I have been on recovery, been feeling better & better each day. The wife claims I have reclaimed my twisted sense of humor (never lost it) and is about ready for me to go back to work. Over the past few days, my darling spouse has taken excellent care of my while I was on the disabled list. I claim not to be a difficult patient and, when sick or ill, I prefer to be left alone (don't want anyone waiting on me). She pretty much took care of me while I was recovering from surgery and did all of the odd jobs around the house (I honestly kept trying to do something but she wouldn't let me). One of the things she did was try to clean house and toss out some of the old boxes and papers we have accumulated over the past few years. One of the pile of boxes she had was about 6-7 James Avery boxes that either I or our son have given her over the years. Of course, feeling somewhat mischevious, I kept rearranging the boxes on her dresser into different geometric shapes (just to get a reaction). Even after she tossed them in the recycle bin, I recovered them and made new form. Today, while the weather was absolutely beautiful and I am still on limited duty, I wound up recovering the boxes once again and formed this little monument just to get her attention. Am I truely evil? Or just being a PIA?


I think she's stopped feeling sorry for me now...

1 comment:

Terri said...

You definitely have too much time on your hands. I don't think this little stunt qualifies you as being truly evil, but looking at it from your wife's perspective, I'd have to cast my vote for PIA. (Funny PIA maybe...)