05 February 2008

Back in the saddle (almost)...

Just got back from the doctor's office and everything turned out great! Finally able to get rid of my hardware (catheter) and walk normally. Feel like I just lost 20 pounds. BTW, for those who are mildly interested in details, it was an 11 F Foley (8 inches).

The prognosis was excellent. The doc reviewed my lab results and has declared me completely free & clear of cancer. He confirmed the the presence of the cancer in the prostate but it was completely confined to the organ and there were no signs of it migrating anywhere. Only thing I have to do is go back in a 30 days for a follow up check. He cleared me to return to duty on Monday so I will take the rest of the week to get my sea legs back. Now I am just trying to remember how to pee....

Once again, thank you very much for all of your thoughts & prayers.

Remember: Always drink upstream from the herd...

2 comments:

Terri said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Cancer FREE! That's excellent!

But... wait a minute.... did you just divulge a very intimate detail with the 8 inch reference??? ;)

agg79 said...

Thanks! Believe me, I am greatly relieved to have this behind me.

Actually, not really. That little detail was for those (warped) prying minds who wanted to know how long/deep the $^%& catheter was. Some days, it felt more like 2 feet. Of course, my darling wife is chiding me as being a bit of a drama queen (Just try giving birth!!!).

Thanks again for the support!