28 August 2012

Leaving On A Jet Plane


All my bags are packed I'm ready to go
I'm standin' here outside your door
I hate to wake you up to say goodbye
But the dawn is breakin' it's early morn
The taxi's waitin' he's blowin' his horn
Already I'm so lonesome I could die


So kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again
Oh baby, I hate to go



I'm off again this morning heading east.  This time our destination is Maine (The Pine Tree State).  I haven't been to Maine in over 40 years.  Growing up in Jersey, we would do family camping trips up north in the New England area every summer.  I am hoping for some cooler weather and really fresh seafood.  I may even try some Maine lobster.  

Somebody's not happy I am leaving
  


4 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Aw, you are so cruel! How could you leave her behind? :-)

Have fun! I guess it is too early for the trees to be turning...

Abby said...

That song is so sad. Sing it, pooch!

I hope you have time for some fun in Maine. Yes, it should be cooler than what you're used to. I've never been there, but it looks inviting!

ShadowRun300 said...

This is probably a great time of year to be heading up that way. Hope it's not all work and no play for you.
I bet the dogs are so excited to see you when you come home from trips. I know Chancie mopes around when my hubby leaves for a while, and is beside herself when he comes home. Maybe bring 'em some lobster treats as consolation...

terri said...

It must be hard to leave those cute, furry faces behind, but what a reward when they welcome you back home again.