15 July 2010

Not yet

Lois is a tease.  No show, yet.  Meanwhile, the world waits...

Been busy (what's new).  Had back to back to back meetings most of the day.  I don't know how I get anything done around here.  The only bright spot is that I finally got my new laptop today.  Sparky (the old one) was getting cranky.  She had too much crap loaded, too many programs run, too old.  Every time I tried to open a word file, the computer would lock up for 15 minutes.  And if I tried to minimize my e-mails, it shut down completely.  The new PC (have not named her yet), is way faster but the setting are not where I am used to.  Will take a few days to get used to how she operates (life's rough).  Of course, having dual monitors makes it a wee bit easier to deal with the inconvenience.  

Pop quiz - what's a good anniversary gift for 30 years?  Oh, sure, diamonds are nice, jewelry is intoxicating, a new car are sexy.  But what really strikes your cord?  How about a new driveway?  I am currently taking bids from several companies to put in a new driveway.  The old one (40 years) is showing it's age and it is time to upgrade the platform.  Since we accomplished some of our financial goals this year, we are going to spurge with some home repairs.  Next up - new windows (or wood flooring).    

3 comments:

terri said...

Well, I was going to suggest a nice cruise or dinner at a posh restaurant, but maybe you're right. Maybe nothing says "I love you" like a new driveway.

Abby said...

Hmm, is 30 the year of concrete? I forget...

I'm all for practical gifts. Of course diamonds and/or precious metals have their practical uses.

meleah rebeccah said...

Hooray for a new lap top! And I think a new driveway is a splendid idea!