21 May 2009

Both ends

Busy busy busy. The fun never stops when you're always on a roller coaster.


Junior comes home today (hauling a ton of laundry I imagine). Expecting a small cyclone of activity.

Work is continuing to kick my butt. Projects/problems/deadlines. Just when you think you hit the bottom of the mine shaft, someone tells you to dig deeper. I'm the HMFIC of Purchasing which means I pretty much get blamed for just about everything. Not enough parts. Too many parts. Parts don't' work. Parts cost too much. We're out of toilet paper in the bathroom (major crisis). Past two days have been nothing different. Scrambling for parts for the past two weeks only to find that they don't fit. Trying to negotiate a long term contract with a rental car company only to find that someone in senior staff wants to go with another company. Typical life in procurement. And my system upgrade project is like the attack of the zombies - it just keeps on coming. I need to be testing and checking out the system but it seems like everybody has a problem and I am the only one who can fix it. And its not like I am trying to be nice and cordial. Hell, quite the opposite. I am buried under a pile of tasks and have tried to post my 'leave me alone" persona but they STILL come. Gee, I guess it's nice to be loved/needed. I keep reminding myself that I volunteered for this job.

Junior leaves for the west coast Sunday.

Should be an interesting weekend.


Time's fun when your having flies...

4 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Mr Nice Guy or not, you clearly put things right so the people will continue to come to you...

Maybe a t-shirt that says "This had better be good!" would work?

terri said...

As frustrating as it can be, isn't it really good to be the "go-to" guy? I have an idea of your frustration level though. People at work seem to view me as the person who remembers every regulation, change and detail. But it gets irritating when the questions prevent me from getting my own work done.

agg79 said...

RC - Have tried that and they still keep coming.

terri - It's hard to be humble when you are so good ;). I suppose we should be glad we're appreciated, but, sometimes, I'd prefer to be left alone.

meleah rebeccah said...

please dont forget to BREATH in the midst of all that!