14 November 2008

Preparing for liftoff



Life’s way too short to sit around complaining about it. It’s been another one of those weeks that seems to fly by. Once again I find myself facing a mountain of projects/chores with little time to get them all done, but, even with this kind of intensity, I’d rather be fully engaged in stead of being bored.

I’m trying to get ready for our little boat ride next week. A week long cruise and I have not yet begun to pack. Should I be worried? Ok, I've been taking care of the logistics (dog, paper, etc.), but trying to decide what to carry on the trip for me is an exercise in wardrobe coordination. Since this is a cruise in the Gulf, I am figuring to take a lot of tropical attire (shorts, sandals, Hawaiian shirts). There are a couple of formal dinners, so I am hauling my suit, but don’t expect it to see much use. Now, I'll admit I ain’t much of a shopper, but I did head out last weekend to pick up some supplies and scored a few nice Hawaiian shirts at Kohl’s for next-to-nothing (off season deals). Since we are traveling with my brothers & parents, I decided to go back and pick up shirts for my dad & my brothers so we match (how’s that for geeky?). My brother already bought us all matching guayabera shirts for dinner (the wedding party wore these shirts during his son’s wedding in Puerto Rico last summer), so we will probably look like we just arrived from Cuba. I'm really looking forward to the trip. As with all of my major road trips, things tend to get a wee bit hectic before we leave, but once we step off, the trip goes on autopilot and I can begin to relax and enjoy the adventure.


Chance favors the prepared mind.

4 comments:

terri said...

So you haven't packed yet. Maybe you're just one of those people who works well under pressure?

Hope you have a GREAT time.

meleah rebeccah said...

Yeah....this week really DID go fast.

You better get to packing!

meleah rebeccah said...

Ooops and HAVE FUN

agg79 said...

Terri - I live for pressure. Nothing gets done around here without a deadline involved. Danke Schön !

Meleah - I'll try. Normally, I won't relax until we board. Domo Arigato !