26 November 2008

Great. Just Great.

Of course, just when things appear calm & everying is quiet, that's when life likes to reach out and slap you back into reality. Seems like my PC has taken off on a cruise of its own. I have an older PC and right after we got back home I noted that Sparky is making all sorts of interesting clicking sounds (uh-oh, that doesn't sound good). I may be a novice in the IT department, but I think I can diagnois a pending hard drive crash. The only good thing is that I bought external hard drive a few months ago and have been backing up my data on a regular basis. I am lucky enough to have a surplus laptop I bought from work (old & slow) so life is not all bleak.

Oh well, I guess I need to Cowboy up and starting looking for a new system. Looks like I will be going out on Black Friday to get an early Xmas present. Anybody got suggestions?

1 comment:

terri said...

No suggestions, but I would like to say this:

DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!

When I read the first sentence I was sure you had had some kind of health scare. I'm thankful it's just your computer. :-)