I'm trying to be a better person. Really. I try to play nice. I always have a positive attitude, I am friendly to all my co-workers, I treat everyone with the same amount of courtesy and respect as I would expect to get.
We spend more than 1/3rd of our lives at work in the company of people we may or may not like. Day in and day out, we spend a large amount of the day sharing the same work environment with many people. The same equipment, the same resources, the same facilities. That includes the break room. We share one lunch room with a a two vending machines, one coffee pot, a couple of microwaves and two refrigerators. I find that it helps we we follow a few simple (common sense) rules
- If you use the area, just like at home, clean up after yourself. If you make a mess, clean it up.
- If you take the last cup of coffee, either start a new batch or turn off the pot (nothing like trying to scrap the 1/2 inch of crusty, baked on coffee off the bottom of the pot)
- Two refrigerators/limited space. Please don't bring your entire week's groceries.
- Please do not store your open drinks or leftover, uncovered Mexican food with lot of onions and jalapenos on the shelf.
- Please don't leave open food containers in the refrigerator for several days (or weeks).
- If you use the microwave, please clean it out afterwards (if it make a mess - see item 1). Much as I appreciate you having your food warm, I really don't like to nuke my food after your burrito has burped up its contents beforehand. And, for the love of God, please cover your food in the mircrowave. Nothing is as appetizing as smelling freshly microwaved fish heads or corn on the cob.
Ok, enough griping for one day.
Have a great day!