17 July 2009

Just a matter of time


Ok, here we go again. For some reason that I cannot fathom, I've gone and signed up AGAIN for the 2010 Aramco Houston Half Marathon. They just opened up registration this morning (at midnight actually) and I just had to jump on board and sign up. Now the race is actually 6 months away and typically fills up pretty fast. I bet that registration will close within 30-45 days. My cause de jour this year is Elves & More.

Of course, when I tried to prep for the last run, things did not go quite as planned. All told, the 2009 race probably cost me a lot of $$$ from the ancillary events. This year, I'm gonna train by watching lots of bowl games and drinking beer.

Somebody stop me...

4 comments:

Rock Chef said...

What a great cause! So simple yet so sensible.

Not sure about your training programme, though...

terri said...

That's an interesting training program, but I say, whatever works for ya!

I'll be rooting for you!

Abby said...

Wow, already getting people registered for the next one!

I like your training regimen. Your shoulder should like it too.

meleah rebeccah said...

"This year, I'm gonna train by watching lots of bowl games and drinking beer."


AhahahahHHAHAH

Now that's the ONLY way to train in my humble opinion!