21 July 2009

I told you it was a matter of time

Remember I mentioned that I was signing up for the Houston Marathon last Friday?
Some of ya'll questioned the fact they were signing people up so early?

Just got this e-mail blast this morning:

Greetings from the Chevron Houston Marathon, Aramco Houston Half Marathon, EP5K and ABB Team Challenge! Open Registration is SOLD OUT!

Open registration for the 2010 Chevron Houston Marathon and Aramco Houston Half Marathon is closed, with both races selling out in record time! The half marathon reached capacity in less than 24 hours with the marathon selling out just two days later.

And ya'll thought I was crazy for jumping in this early.

Time to start running....

3 comments:

terri said...

For the record...I NEVER said you were crazy. I've never insinuated such a thing. A little off-kilter, maybe, but CRAZY? Never.

Rock Chef said...

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly things reach capacity these days - a slacker like me never gets a look in!

meleah rebeccah said...

Wow! That sold out FAST!