05 February 2009

Care for a mint?

I'm dying here. Went out to dinner last night with my parents to celebrate my mom's birthday. She's pretty spry for an 86 year old lady. I am grateful that both she and my dad are in great health and still out traveling the country in their trailer. I only hope that I am still that mobile/active when I cross that bridge in life.

We ate at an elegant place in Houston called Perry's. Very good steakhouse, but a bit fancier than I prefer. One of their specialties is a huge pork chop (the size of a small dog) - very tender and tasty. I normally don't eat much at night, so this meal put me under the table. I'm still burping up this morning. Will have to run an extra 2 miles at lunch just to make a dent in it. Of course, topping it off with Banana's Foster didn't help, either.

Happy Birthday, mom!

6 comments:

terri said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!

I understand what you mean, but sometimes it's worth the discomfort to enjoy really delicious food.

nonna said...

happy b-day mom, and happy running to you!

Abby said...

Happy Birthday to your mom! She looks great for 86. Does she always hold sea turtles or is that just a birthday thing?

agg79 said...

Thanks!

The picture is from our recent Caribbean cruise. We toured the Turtle Farn in Grand Cayman. You get to hold live sea turtles.

Rock Chef said...

Happy Birthday to Mom!

It is probably against the law to sell food like that over here. I have to give it a try one day!

meleah rebeccah said...

Happy 86th Birthday to your mom! That is awesome!!