01 February 2009

Brain fart

Ever had one of those days/weeks where you just can't seem to get it together? I've been trying to put together some meaningful thoughts/ideas but everything I start seems lame. Have had several cool ideas for themes, but none have taken off.

I'm working on my last two sense memes (touch & taste) but I am still adding to the lists. Lists to be published shortly.

Been a long week. Trying to make progress on a major software project at work but everyone seems to have some crisis or another that prevents me from testing the software. I spent two days in Fort Worth on another supplier audit at the same time an bodacious ice storm hit town. BTW - I know that some of you guys up north may scoff at our weather woes down here the Tejas, but honestly, when it comes to winter conditions, most of these people down here do NOT know how to drive on snow or ice and it literally scares the bejesus out of me to be on the same road with them. I don't claim to be an expert, but I have spent a couple of years learning how to navigate winter roads in New Jersey and Germany. Been laying low this weekend with no real agenda except some chores around the house. Except for the mid-week freeze, the weather has been nice. Will try to clean up the garage and throw out some junk. Trying to gen up an inventory report for work. Will probably cook up some brats for the game tonight. I'm not really rooting for any particular team, just want to see a decent game. I still think it is an overblown spectacle. Of course if one of my teams was playing, I might be more inclined to buy into the hoopla. I've lived through the OIlers ("Love Ya Blue") and Texans long enough to be fairly jaded. The last time Houston had any major action was the when the Rockets took the NBA title back-to-back in 94/95.

Hope ya'll are enjoying the weekend.

Sempter Paratus!

2 comments:

terri said...

I wouldn't scoff at your weather woes. It's all a matter of what you're familiar with and when you're not familiar, it makes for chaos. (Even when you are familiar, it can be chaotic.)I would probably freak out if I had to live through a hurricane, and even a tornado. We get our share of those, but I've never actually experienced one myself.

Rock Chef said...

Hi! You are currently winning the contest!