17 January 2009

No backing out now

Picked up my packet this morning. The Marathon committee holds the Memorial Hermann Sports Medicine EXPO the two days prior to the run with all sorts of vendors and displays. You can by new shirts/shorts/shoes for a ridiculous price (I scored me a new hat, two new shorts and a spibelt) as well as sign up for several upcoming marathons. Even got a chair massage while I was there. Lots of hoopla building up to tomorrow morning's run.

We tee off at 0700 (my wave starts at 0710) but I plan to be to be downtown by 0530 to be able to park close to the convention center. Hopefully, if I don't die on the trail, should be done by 1100 (sooner, I hope). For those so inclined or lacking absolutely anything better to do (like being stuck inside on a snowy winter day), my progress can be tracked on line via the marathon website. I will be sporting bib number 26735. Don't laugh at my pace time. My goal tomorrow is to finish the race, not break any records.

Happy trails, ya'll!

1 comment:

terri said...

I'm so excited! Can't wait to read the post marathon post.