15 January 2009

It's on!

Sometimes, you just get lucky.

I went back to my doc today to read the MRI results and he told me things are looking good! There is no serious damage to the rotator cup and two small chip outs in the shoulder bone that should pose no problem towards recovery. I have what is called a Bankart lesion, but that should not affect my mobility long term. Basically, I have some trauma to the shoulder and muscles and will need some therapy for the next few weeks, but I should regain most of my mobility. There is a chance that, if it doesn’t recover fully, I could be looking at surgery somewhere down the road, but I am not pondering that right now.



The big news for me is that he cleared me to run this weekend! As long as I don’t do something stupid or too strenuous (no pushups for a while) and favor my shoulder, I should be ok for the half marathon.


The only downside is that I haven’t been running for the past 2.5 weeks so I will be rusty. I don’t expect to break any records, but I will be there. I am just grateful for the chance to participate.

2+ days and counting. Time to start loading up the ipod.


Weather for the run : mid-40's with a slight chance of rain.

3 comments:

nonna said...

congrats on the report and good luck on the run! don't push it too hard, just have fun :)

Abby said...

Good news! Have fun with the race and don't do any cartwheels at the finish.

terri said...

YES! I'll be cheering for ya!