17 January 2009

24 hours

until start time.

I was finally able to get out a knock down a few miles yesterday. I wanted to see how the shoulder would feel during a light run. Was stiff and sore, but did ok. My knees were stiff from not running the past the 2+ weeks. I will need to bulk up on the Advil before I hit the road. I am headed downtown now to pick up my race packet this morning. The current estimates are for ~25,000 runners tomorrow. I normally don't like crowds, but this is a once a year event, so I will roll with the pack (sorta like Mardis Gras for runners).

Hope I can drag my butt across the finish line with some dignity or style...


4 comments:

nonna said...

make sure you give us your number so we can track your progress on the website as you go along during the race!

Abby said...

Break a leg!

Oh wait, maybe I shouldn't use that phrase...

terri said...

I'll be thinking of you and cheering you on. I'll try to yell real loud since it's such a long ways between here and there. :-)

agg79 said...

nonna,

26735. Cool technology that lets your family keep up with your progress while on the course.

Abby,

Gee, thanks (I think). Will try to do my best not to hit the wall this time.

terri,

Thanks! Keep yelling but don't wake the kids.