02 October 2009

Friday follies

Day one of our new system and I've spent it just putting out fires. Things that were supposed to work, didn't. Things that were never going to happen, did. People cannot log in. Where's my report? How do I do this? What's my password?

I try to be an accomodating kinda guy, but there is a REASON I did not go into the customer service field. Today went fairly well, given the major paradigm shift we have done to the company. New system , new language, the problems. I left the office last night around 0130 and the calls started coming at 0600. Oh, well, at least they are looking at the system now (they have to espeically since we disabled the old system). One side benefit is that my name is now on the lips of everybody in the company. The bad news is that any thing wrong with the system I get blamed for (remember, folks, I am not IT). The way today was going, if the toilets don't flush right, I will be blamed for it.

On top of a long day yesterday and late night, I hit the doorstep around 0200 ready to hit the rack and get a few hours of sleep. Of course, my adorable canine family member who loves to greet me at the door decided yesterday that he needed some adventure & excitement. He found something enticing in the yard and proceded to roll in it completely. By the time I got home 4 hours later (after he marinated a bit), he smelled like he had rolled in a litter box and a used diaper combined. Of course, he was extra clingy and wanted to be petted. I know, I know, he's a dog and I should expect this, but it is just not what I was looking forward to when I come dragging home in the middle of the night.

Some days you are the dog, some days you are the fire hydrant...

2 comments:

terri said...

Sorry you had such a bad day. I hope Monday brings some calm.

agg79 said...

terri,

It wasn't a bad day. Just a very hectic day (Don't tell anybody, but I kinda like those days).