13 May 2011

AWOL

I really love blogger.  Lest one might think I am slacking off or lazy (well, that might be true), but I've been trying to update my site but keep getting the "down for service" kinda message.  I swear, if I wasn't paying all this good money for this service, I'd haul off and move to an....  uh, wait a minute.  I don't pay anything for this stuff.  So I guess I get what I pay for.

To channel my inner Steve Martin:  It's been a wild & crazy week.  Working on reviews again.  Projects due.  Planning another round of audits in June/July.  Setting up our trip to Austin for junior's graduation.  Keeping the dogs entertained. 

Let's see, when we last left our hero, he was getting ready to celebrate an anniversary and preparing for Mother's Day.  Anniversary #31 went well.  Enjoyed a quiet evening with my young bride out an Pappadeaux's (Cajun food).  Good food, a bit pricey, but the quality was exceptional, as usual.  Gave momma the new toy and she was excited.  We are still trying to work out the logistics of it, but, so far, it works great.  Really neat on the counter all lit up a night with blue back lights in the water tank.  Junior repeated his trick again, calling in an order for a Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake from the The Cheesecake Factory (a whole frickin cake).  Absolutely obscene dessert.  I had one piece and I am going to have to run another 10 miles just to burn off those calories. 

Spent the first half of the week working to play catch up to the projects due.  Yesterday, we had an employee appreciation day at the local sports venue.  I've been through a number of these "team building" exercises and I did not have high expectations on this deal but I can honestly say I was wrong.  Lots of games/competition (dodgeball, sack races, Frisbee toss, tug of war, land ski races, water balloon toss).  It turned out to be a fun and entertaining event.  Will post pictures and back story tomorrow.  Lots of embarrassing pictures to pass along.  For a company function, it was pretty darn good.

At the end of my rope


1 comment:

terri said...

Yeah, I'm so far behind on everyone's blogs it's not even funny. Then the one day I try to start catching up, Blogger is down and I can't leave comments anywhere.

Come to WordPress ;-)

Such outages are unheard of there.

The employee event looks like a blast! We need some such event in our company!