11 December 2008

Snow Day!

Ok, ok, maybe it is not as pristine and majestic as some of you guys up north, but we actually had snow down here yesterday! Certain areas got a fair amount while others only got a light dusting. Seeing as we only get snow once every 5-10 years, this is a big deal for some folk. Of course, half the city shuts down due to "wintry conditions". Having lived most of my yout in New Joisey and spending 5 years in Germany, I consider myself a fair driver when it comes to driving in snow, but, honestly, some of my fellow Houstonians scare the living crap out of me when the roads ice up.

1 comment:

terri said...

I love the picture! Snow on a cactus!

Around here, we should all know how to drive in wintry conditions but every year it's the same thing. It's like people are experiencing it for the first time.