19 October 2008

On the road again (again)

I’ve always been a closet Willie Nelson fan. Have even been to one of his 4th of July picnics, but that was a lifetime ago (back in his Readheaded stranger days).

I know I have griped earlier, but I like to travel but hate to pack. Not a big fan of sitting on a plane for 3+ hours, but at least it ain’t a connecting flight and we don’t have to go through Atlanta. Spent 5+ hours waiting on a connection in Atlanta back in June and was bored out of my mind. I really hate when a simple flight takes 6-8 hours of your life away. The longest flights I have ever taken were to/from Germany (18 hours) and an 8 hour flight to/from Maui we took for vacation back in 2005. It’s weird to get on a plane at 10:00 am and step off the plane halfway around the world at 08:00 am.

Oh well, it’s part of the job and I am just glad for the opportunity to get out on the road (even with all of the headaches involved). Got an early flight out in the am heading north. Gonna to Minneapolis to visit some suppliers, tour several facilities and will try to swing a day at a local convention. Lots & lots of sales people trying to suck up to you for your business. One thing I always look forward to is all of the bling you get at these conventions. Pens, notepads, shirts, hats, bags, rulers, etc. Anything with a supplier’s logo to get their name in front of you. I am always a sucker for gimmies…

With all of the food & drink we will have on the road, I'll have to double up on my runs just to keep from getting too big.

1 comment:

terri said...

I hope it's an enjoyable and safe trip!