06 October 2008

Gonna be a long week

Didja ever get the hint that it ain't gonna be your day/week?

Life's short and I am not one to complain (ok, I try not to whine too often ) but sometimes things just don't go your way. Started last week and seems to be piling on. Window in the wife's car is going south. Motor will allow it to go up & down, but sticks halfway up with an ugly grinding sound. Figure I need to take the panel off and replace the motor/gear assembly (translation: $$$). Have done it twice on my son's Camry, but this is a Cadillac and nothing comes cheap or easy with this beast. Phone in kitchen is dying and the antenna is broken and momma wants a new one (ok, so duct taping the antenna was not chic). My rug cleaner has stopped working again (brushes won't turn) - essential piece of equipment with an old dog. Got a serious leak in the water line in the trailer that may require a trip to the shop. Being a boy scout, I'm down with living in the trailer sans water for a while, but somebody prefers to have indoor plumbing. On Saturday, the A/C in the truck decided it was time to stop working. Now, for most of you folk living north of the Red River, that may not seem to be a major problem, but down here in the swamps of south Texas, it tends to stay a might bit warm until Halloween. The only good thing is that it, ever since Ike dropped by, it has been getting cooler. Not looking forward to that repair bill.

Now, all of these "challenges" are things I have tried to take in stride and not get depressed/frustrated, but this morning the coffee pot (my favorite) decided it was time to go on strike. Damn. I'll try to coax it to work (using a BFH), but looks like I will be using momma's pot for a while.

If I were a paranoid guy, I would feel that somebody had it in for me.

Just a set back. Like the Marines, your learn to Improvise, Overcome & Adapt.

One of my mottos has been: "Life's hard, get a helmet"

No comments: