24 July 2012

Dog tired

I think I broke Claire's auto wag.  That is an expressions I gave Claire who's tail will wag just by looking at her.  


Was a busy weekend.  I got back late Friday night and was playing catch up on Saturday.  Chores don't get done by themselves around here.  Dogs were up waiting for me when I got home.  Of course, they did have to check out all the new doggy smells from my visit with Lucy & Dacotah.   


We did the Reliant Dog show on Sunday.  This is a four day extravaganza for dogs (sorry, no cats allowed) for all breeds of dogs.  I've done this show for four years, typically doing a Saturday gig with one dog and a Sunday gig with the other.  This weekend, I threw caution to the wind and took both.  Wasn't sure if this was going to work out in that crowd, but they were great.  Lots of people, petting, attention to be had.  A Golden's dream come true.  Claire was in her element, charming the crowd.  Grayson was a bit more excited over all the new doggy smells/sites, but soon settled down to work the crowd.  We worked the booth for a couple of hours and I could tell by end, they were starting to lose steam.   Even Claire's auto wag seemed to be worn out.  They both slept for the rest of Sunday.     
   









I did manage to get them by the booth to have their picture taken together.  For a donation, the photographer will print up a nice luggage tag sized photo of your dog/dogs.  Got one of Claire at last year's show and I thought I would try for both this year.  Not bad (After many outtakes).  It was a challenge to get them to hold their pose for a while.  Grayson wasn't all that happy to be in that chair.     

5 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

I can't get over how much Claire looks like our Chancie! Goldens are great with crowds, aren't they? They're so patient and seem to love the attention.
I love that she has an 'auto wag'!
Adorable dogs you have! I'm glad you were able to get them to cooperate long enough to get a pic. I bet the outtakes were hilarious!

Abby said...

Great photo! I can imagine the challenge of getting them both so photogenic at the same moment. Looks like a great day for the dog lovers!

meleah rebeccah said...

Awwwww! Claire & Grayson had a fabulous time, especially if they both passed out for the rest of Sunday!

Great photos, too! They look TOTES ADORBZ together!

terri said...

They are such beautiful dogs! And the picture is great! If Grayson was unhappy about being in the chair, he sure doesn't look it in the picture. They both appear to be smiling a bit!

Rock Chef said...

Yes, that chair doesn't seem to quite fit him, does it?

Clare is a real sweetheart, isn't she? Who could walk past without making a fuss of her?