09 June 2012

In search of some bandwidth

Are we there yet?  Man, the weekend just would not could not get here fast enough.

It has been another one of those insanely crazy, chock-a-block full, nonstop mayhem weeks from when I stepped out of bed Monday morning.  I'm keeping a lot of balls in the air right now.  Lots of projects coming due, reports to write, meetings to sleep through sit in, e-mails to write, blogs to read.  Yadda, yadda, yadda.  Yea, I know, it sucks to be me.  

I am working on a couple of upcoming audits in July & August  while we're getting ready for an in-house audit next week.  Even though the summer has just started, my calendar is already filling up fast.  I've got 3 or 4 road trips planned between now and August.  Fortunately, my trip to the Philippines has been pushed out until the fall, but the rest of the trips are domestic hops around the states.  I blocked out a week of my calendar in early August for the wedding, so it was interesting to note what days/weeks I will be off the grid this summer.  

It's hard to plan things when your Internet dies.  Our modem gave up the ghost Tuesday night leaving us in the stone ages.  Couldn't even get on live via my iPhone for a while.  I had to go to the Comcast store (they wouldn't come out until Saturday) to get a new router.  To complicate things, I had another doctor's appointment on Wednesday am for a Physical.  Not the same as the one we had at work, this one is more "intrusive" by my doc.  I used to do these every year for Scout camp (something about worrying about us old farts stroking out at camp).  Last time I went to this doc is when he uncovered my prostate cancer, so it has been a few years since I have been back.  Normal physical stuff, but I have to go back for a cardiac ultrasound and treadmill test next week.  Blood work came back OK and, so far, I am still checking out 5 by 5. 


Wednesday morning was the day they opened registration for the Marathon and I was unable to log on line to register before I left for the physical.  While waiting my turn in the office, I was trying to keep up with work and the net.  I stole some bandwidth in the waiting room and was able to read everyone's blogs, check the news, catch up on e-mails.  I decided not to wait until got into the office to register so I managed to log onto the Marathon website and sign up.  With the lottery system, normally I wouldn't know my status for a few weeks, but, since I decided to step it up a notch and sign up for the Run for A Reason Charity, I got a confirmed slot for January 13th.  Whoo-Hoo!  I have many people to thank for encouraging me to abuse myself.


217 days and counting... 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled that you signed up for the 1/2 marathon! I ran almost 6 miles today. Pretty impressive for me, and my legs haven't been complaining at all lately. (Knock on wood please!) Almost makes me wanna do something crazy... like sign up for a 1/2 marathon. But I'm afraid to push my luck.
Hope your 'domestic hops' are taking you places you want to visit, and that you're able to have some down time. Sounds like you could use it.
Congrats on passing yet another physical. (I already know you'll do pretty well with the cardiac ultrasound and treadmill test.)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Abby said...

Aha! Our gang-up worked! And I'm glad you don't have to wait around to see if you are one of the chosen. I hope your busy schedule backs off a bit so you can comfortably train, just be careful in that Texas heat!

meleah rebeccah said...

Woot! I'll be cheering for you on January 13! And, I'm glad your back online with your new modem.

Also, 3-4 raod trips between now and August? Wow - you're going to be very busy!

terri said...

Isn't that just the WORST feeling when your internet goes out? We don't realize how much we use it until it's gone.

Glad you got your registration in! I'll be rooting for you!