03 December 2009

Frost on my cacti

Forecasters down here are projecting the possibility of snow tomorrow.

From the way the news crews are covering it and the city is going into massive preparation, you'd think that we were hunkering down for another hurricane. Typically, when the road conditions get dicey, they wind up shutting down school districts, closing businesses, firing up the sand trucks (hey, we only get to use them once every 10 years or so!).

I love my fellow Texans, but as I've pointed out before, a lot of them don't how to drive on ice/snow. I am not going to claim to be a seasoned veteran, but I've logged a fair amount of hours on winter road and have some experience handing lousy road conditions (driven on black ice on the Autobahn). Even with that experience, I am off this week (working on chores) and have no intentions of hitting the streets mañana. Although, I may keep any eye out for all of the shennanigins on the road.

Who knows what mother nature may bring?

2 comments:

terri said...

This weather should make for something fun to talk about all day long! Even as much as we're used to winter weather here, the first snow is always a reason for excitement and creative driving.

meleah rebeccah said...

well, here in NJ we get our share of snow and ice on the roads and I am still forever amazed at how stupid people are when trying to DRIVE at rocket speeds in those conditions.