07 December 2009

Back to work

Been off a week.

Did not get as much as I had hoped to last week due to a minor crisis, a funeral, and the mini blizzard. I did get the tree up yesterday but the outside lights are still in their boxes. Our brush with winter weather turned into a steady downpour yesterday and any hints of frosty the snowman turned out more like slushy. I did get a few chores done, but did not make any headway on the new floor for the breezeway. Front door is painted and carpets cleaned. Still need to fix the window in momma's car, but that will have to wait for next weekend. In the meantime, I am headed back to the salt mines. A week off from the job can leave me with a pile of projects/meetings that will take me a month to resolve. The only good news is that I have been monitoring the activities via e-mails and my crackberry so I know the headaches I need to tackle first. Oh, well, it beats shoveling stuff in Louisiana.



In all of our preparations for the upcoming holidays, we should take a moment to remember that today is December 7th. Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day


Photograph from a Japanese aircraft of Pearl Harbor including Battleship Row at the beginning of the attack. The explosion in the center is a torpedo strike on the USS West Virginia

4 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Thanks for the reminder! Thes days can easily slip by.

Abby said...

What an *interesting* photo. Kind of eerie.

meleah rebeccah said...

Yeah, a week off from work can leave you with more than enough projects that feel like they will take forever to finish.

And, I really LIKE that photo too. In a spooky kind of way!

terri said...

Taking a vacation is kind of a Catch 22 isn't it? I hope getting back to work wasn't too overwhelming.