13 November 2009

Friday Follies

Help! I was kidnapped by aliens and haven't been able to keep up with my blog duties. I finally broke away by singing my best rendition of Sting (Roxxxxaaaannnnne).

Up to no good. Been trying to catch up at work and stay below the radar. We have 7 weeks left in the year and I have to burn 2 weeks of vacation (or lose it). Because of our system implementation/testing this year, I have not used up my vacation like I normally do so I am left with a challenge to use it or lose it. Interesting dilemma to have. Basically I will be taking off just about every Friday until the end of the year (Whoo-Hooo! 4 day work week!). Ergo, I am off today getting ready to head out to another weekend rally with the parents/brother. Should be a packed weekend. We are heading out to an unknown destination (it's a mystery rally) for an unknown agenda. It is kinda like a scavenger hunt (for old people). We head out to a specific spot west of town and stop in at the local RV dealer and get the next clue on where to go. Should be interesting. Hopefully, everybody can decipher the clues to get to the rally. The only clues I have is that it is within a 2 hour radius of where we live.

On top of that gig, I am signed up for a dog picnic this weekend. The rescue group (
GBGRR) that we got Grayson from is having a 10th anniversary picnic this Sunday. They have been fostering and adopting Goldens for over 10 years and have placed roughly 2-3000 dogs over the past decade. This weekend the group is holding an anniversary picnic to celebrate. So far, there are over 250+ dogs signed up to attend. I have just got to go just to see that many tail wagging, face licking, flea bearing fur bags in one group. It will look like a freakin golden convention. This group is excellent about promoting its cause so I am certain it will wind up in the local paper.


Ya'll have a great weekend and remember, always drink upstream from the herd...

5 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Gotta love short weeks!

The picnic sounds great! Utter chaos, but great. Let us know how it goes.

agg79 said...

I live for chaos.

Abby said...

Cool! Look at all those goldens!

The picnic should be fun... and the scavenger hunt... and the 4-day workweeks. You're really on the edge now!

terri said...

I'm rationing my vacation. I've got sixty-two hours left and want to carry over forty. In January, I reach the next level and earn and additional... I don't know... maybe forty hours. So next year I can start getting a little more relaxed about my vacation time.

The mystery rally sounds fun (I must be getting old) as does the Golden rally. Have a great time!

meleah rebeccah said...

Oh, I love using up VACATION time before it runs out. Make sure you use ALL of your paid days!