05 July 2008

Weekend work

Two days into a 3 day weekend and I am trying to get something accomplished. Yesterday was a bit of a wash. Rained throughout the day so working in the yard was out (was not really motivated for it). Spend part of the day cleaning up the garage, but still have a long ways to go. Too cluttered to suit my taste and need to knock out a few projects to make headway. Trying to work on my son's car while he is out in California for the summer. Good solid '93 Toyota that he takes to school. Been driving it while he is out on the west coast (gets way better mileage than my land barge). Trying to take care of his car before he heads off to school next month. Needs new brakes and I like those kinds of jobs (relatively simple). My other two wheels are a lot more complex and require "technicians" to affect even the most minor repairs. Used to be I could pretty much take care of the automotive maintenance for all our wheels. I've changed the brakes on several cars, rebuild a carburator, installed a new clutch, repaired a couple of water pumps in my times, but the newer rigs are a lot more complex and require more tools/equipment than I currently have. I have an old '68 Mustang I have been trying to rebuild for years but need to clear some space to work on it (see my first chore).

Good weekend for these kind of home projects. Gas prices have kept us close to home for a while but we may take a short hop out to the west coast later this month to visit our offspring. I know momma has been missing him this summer and we are trying to plan a small visit before he heads back to college. Seems like the summer has flown by and school will be starting up soon. Almost time to be planning for football trips/games...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Time really does seem to pass so much faster than it did when we were young, doesn't it?

agg79 said...

It seemed to.
Maybe it was because we were less concerned with more mundane issues (mortgage, car repairs, college tuition, bills, etc.). Ya gotta keep healthy balance between work and fun otherwise you wind up going nuts.