23 July 2008

Road trip!

Getting ready for a road trip is a pain.

Bags to pack. What clothes to wear/pack? How much to bring? Setting the timers. Taking care of the dog. I love to travel, hate to prep for it. Been doing this for years and still wait to the last minute to get ready. Got to leave the hacienda at 0600 and here I am sitting with a glass of good scotch and I still am only half packed. Will be another late night/early morning for me. I don't mind the early wake up call, it is getting the rest of the crew ready and on the road. I am an early riser (thanks, dad) and like to hit the road before the crack of dawn. The rest of my crew likes to take a more gradual approach to departure. Needless to say, since I am the captain of this ride, the bus leaves at 0600 and, if you ain't on the bus when it pulls out, you're under it.

So many things to see, so many people to do. Will probably overplan this gig. I am going to sweat the details until we are wheels up. I am that way for most trips. Once we are on the road/plane, I pretty much relax as it is out of my hands at that stage. Have plans for SF area. Found a tour group we will take that will give us a good overall view of the SF bay area without having to hike the hills. Hope to get to a couple of winearies in Napa.

Take care and see you on the other side.

Good luck Terri. Will be thinking of you & your dad tomorrow as we are flying out west.
Remember to smile!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm catching this a few days late. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm home and doing great now!

You sound like me. I prepare for trips well when I do it under pressure. And I'm the early riser too. Hope your trip is fantastic!