22 September 2009

Once more unto the breach, dear friends

We are entering the final week of our system upgrade and are planning to go live this weekend. It has been a long and tortured road we have travelled. Lots of testing and retesting and trying to see if the system is going to work as anticipated. We have been playing with this upgrade since last December and, while I would still like some more time to get comfortable with it, there comes a time when you must cast off and hope for a favorable wind. Long hours, late nights, lots of last minutes things to finish up. Of course, with change, there are those who will embrace it as progress and those who will complain regardless of how much it will improve their lot. One of my jobs is to make them happy (or at least keep them quiet).

I think I need more Scotch.

See ya'll on the other side.

4 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Good luck!

I know what you mean about the different ways that users respond to changes in systems.

I am one of those who tries to embrase it and make it work for me. I know others who wish we were still on stand alone PCs...

terri said...

You need to make everyone happy? Then just give them the scotch!

Bet you'll be glad to have all this behind you now.

Abby said...

Make them happy. Keep them quiet. I don't know if you can have the second without the first.

Cheers!

meleah rebeccah said...

More Scotch is ALWAYS a good idea