14 February 2016

Clean up

Happy VD to everyone!  With all the cards and floral sales on every street corner, it's hard not to forget today.  Of course, after ~36 years of wedded bliss, momma and I tend to do this day on the d-low.  At this point in life, we are trying to downsize/eliminate stuff instead of accumulating more trinkets & baubles.  We are trying to focus on a simpler, less cluttered lifestyle.  Given what we amassed over the past few decades, that may take a while.   

Following Abby's lead, I have been cleaning out some of my files/pictures.  Been resorting and reorganizing some albums.  Moving things around,  Rebuilding some old albums.  Of course, there are more than a few dog pictures.  Here are a few from the dump:

One left over from Thanksgiving at my brother's house with my dad and Claire passed out from too much turkey & dressing.   


A few from the old days.  A lot of people from my previous company have reconnected on line and have been posting updates and pictures of the old days.  It's been 16 years since the old place got bought out and shut down and a number of people have moved out of the area.  A lot of us have items in our cabinets/closets we collected over the years at the farm and a few have been posting pictures of old items that they took or held on to when the plant shut down.  This is one of the mugs they gave out at one of our annual picnics.   


And a key ring with one of our product names.

Our Airstream group had their annual luncheon and I ran into these two old retired Airstreamers.  A cute couple even considering the one on the left celebrated her 93rd birthday last week.



And, a few left over shots from last month's half marathon.  I always look at the shirts intending to buy one, but just can't seem to find the right slogan for me.  




And, this week's prize was something I spotted while driving into work this week.  Do you see what caught my eye?  
  

8 comments:

Tee said...

Valentine's Day for us is just another one of those things we figure out how to squeeze in in the midst of everything else going on in life. I was picking up prescriptions for my mom yesterday at Walgreen's and saw the array of cards and candies. So it was like, "Oh yeah. I should probably get the hubby a card." Neither of us cares to make a big deal out of it.

As for the last photo, how odd that driver had such an array of vehicle emblems on his Dodge truck. Is that what caught your eye, or is there something crazier that I'm missing?

agg79 said...

Yea, there were a lot of chotskies, but ONE thing in particular peeked my curiosity.

lotta joy said...

Valentine's day is another way Hallmark sells crappy cards and Whitmans and Russel Stover sells the candy that has been laying on their shelves since LAST Valentines day. Our romance is when Joe rubs my feet, and I tell him how relieved I am that he insisted I marry him. lol

Abby said...

Like Lotta Joy, I see Valentine's Day as a trick for Hallmark, rebellious cynic that I am. No card for Magnum! Fun pictures, and have fun with the decluttering. It's one of my favorite passtimes. "Nice" souvenirs - a mugboot!

There's a lot going on with that truck. I see a Dragon Ball Z character on one of the windshields? Not that I know anything about Dragon Ball Z, of course! Heh, I have young geeky art friends...

ShadowRun300 said...

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't buy a Valentine's Day card. $8 for a card?! My hubby would kill me. Lol
I saw the character Abby did on the windshield, but I can't tell what it is. Do share!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda said...

Your photos are lovely.

euisanjar said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.