28 September 2015

Some days you're the dog...

It's that time again for our annual GBGRR annual picnic this past Sunday.  Despite the gloomy weather and sudden downpour, the outing was huge success.  Not quite as many dogs as I have seen in the past, but there were more than a few Goldens running amok.  Good food, lots of really neat raffle prizes (didn't win any again), lots of wet dogs and no conflicts/fights.  I've been doing this gig for about 5 years now and am still amazed on how well everyone (dog & human) get along.  

With all of the mayhem and activity, I lost track of Grayson & Claire a few times (many Goldens do look very much alike), but, like a kid on a playground, they eventually found me.  

A few shots of the carnage...




Of course, my two kids were totally exhausted when we got home.  Wet, tired and happy, they pretty much crashed for the rest of the day.  

6 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

Well THAT looks like fun! I'm not too surprised there weren't any scuffles. Goldens are such a great, friendly, peaceful breed. Your pics make me miss Chancie, but they're wonderful just the same. Seeing them all together and having so much fun brings a smile to my face.

Rock Chef said...

Looks like a great day, and there are some excellent pics here!

Abby said...

Aw, this post really warms my heart. Hard to believe these sweethearts are the same species of Fang the runner hater.

Riot Kitty said...

Awww! Thank you, I needed that dose of cuteness.

Rock Chef said...

This made me think of you!

https://www.thedodo.com/man-builds-special-kayak-for-his-dogs-1435475908.html?xrs=RebelMouse_fb

Birdie said...

I have no idea how I made my way to your blog but this is the best thing that I saw today. The picture of the Goldens in the water made me laugh. Because where else would a Golden Retriever be?