11 May 2015

Moms, mudbugs, and old junk

First order of business - Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.  I hope everyone had a chance to enjoy the weekend with family.  

Back from our road trip.  Still in one piece, if not a bit more worn.  Last week was another whirlwind.  Supplier trip, Pate, reviews, organization change, yadda, yadda.  We loaded up the trailer and pulled out at 0300 Friday morning (yes, I know that is early).  Nice quiet drive despite the minor detail that my brother woke up sick and finally gave up the helm to me about an hour on the road.  Something viral that didn't sit well with him.  He tapped out and asked me to take over driving.  Now, I don't mind driving 4-5 hours towing a trailer, but a) this wasn't my truck/trailer and I get nervous driving anyone else's rig; and b) I wasn't awake yet.  Despite that and the traffic chaos driving through Fort Worth, we made excellent time and arrived at Pate a little after 0900 - plenty of time to cruise the meet.  After we set up camp, we were going to head out but my brother passed and crashed in the bed so I headed out to see what deals I could find.  Found some bargains, some interesting sights, and a deal or two.   We packed up early Sunday and headed back south only this time it was my turn to be under the weather.  After we made it home, I spend the rest of the day (and all of Monday) trying to fight off a walking dead sort of virus.  It wasn't really until some time Wednesday I started feeling human again.  


Lots of old junk stuff
Long roads 
What Maria should look like

Something to keep the cats out of the back yard. 
Excuse me, do you have Prince Albert in a can? 
No, they were NOT for sale 


And, of course, I didn't leave Pate without scoring a sweet deal.  Something to replace the 27 year old one I borrowed from my brother.  


One owner, like new

This past Saturday, my nephew (the one with the Delorean) invited everyone over for some a crawfish boil.  I haven't eaten a lot of crawfish before, but these darned good.  A bit of work, but they can be filling.  A good chance to celebrate Mother's Day early with the family.  











5 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

Welcome back! Hope you're feeling better. Nice of your brother to share the bug with ya.
That's a good lookin' lawn mower you came home with. I love me a good lawn mower. Is it a Honda?
That crawfish boil looks like a great way to celebrate an early Mother's Day. Love the pics!

Abby said...

Aw, too bad you and the brother got the zombie virus just in time for Pate. Nice effort anyway! Welcome back to the living and congrats on the mower.
The crawfish boil looks like fun, and looks like it was a great day for it. I've only ever eaten crawfish at the monster Asian buffet where everything tastes the same - yucky.

Riot Kitty said...

I'm still bug-eyed at you leaving at 3 am.

Rock Chef said...

That eagle (or whatever) is wonderful!

I never find anything good at sales - mind you, none of ours seem to be as good as the ones you find!

terri said...

Ech! Sorry about the zombie virus. Not a great way to start off the trip, but it sounds like you made the best of it. Nice lawn mower!

I've never tried crawfish, but I love things like shrimp, lobster and scallops, so I'm thinking maybe I'd like them. One of these days, maybe I'll be somewhere they're available. I don't think any restaurants around here serve them.