Out trip started out well yesterday. Was pretty much on track per my plan. Made it to Minnesota in good time, picked up the rental, and set off to a small town in Wisconsin where we are camped out for the night. While heading up to our rooms, my coworker got a call from her daughter back in Houston. Daughter is 35 weeks pregnant and not due until mid-March but had gone into hospital for check up. She felt the baby might not wait until March 20th, but had plenty of time. Or so everyone thought. Daughter called to tell mom that her water broke. Young girl (if you call 25 young) first kid, husband is with her but is in high panic mode. My coworker, the mom, had every intention of being there with her from the outset but this did not factor into her plans. Ok. Change of plans. We are an hour from the airport, it is past 1800, last flights leave MSP around 1930, and it was starting to snow, so getting out last night was not an option. Spent a good hour plus on the phone with the airline and my travel agent and was able to get a spot on an early direct flight out first thing this morning. The rep from the company I am visiting with today offered to take her directly to the airport so as to let me continue my audit. I felt guilty that I was not taking her, but he has way more experience than I when it comes to driving on snow and ice, so I took him up on the offer. I would buy him a drink, if he drank. Maybe a latte. As of 0600, coworker is at airport waiting to board. Should be back in Houston by 1030 and with her daughter and new granddaughter by noon. 5lbs, 10oz born around 2300 last night. Everyone is doing fine. Wild way to start out a road trip, eh?