18 December 2013

Car 54, Where Are You?

To paraphrase Twain:  Rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.  

Yea, I'm still here.  Wish I had a good excuse, but I really don't. I could regale you with stories of work or shopping or hospital parking or doctors visits or working on the trailer or prepping for the holidays or sniffing glue, but all of those are really boring.  Honestly, I have lost my muse and cannot seem to find her.  I have been playing catch up at the office (seems like I am always doing that) on all of the reports and projects I have picked up.  Sorry if I have overlooked my blog friends, but I have been ignoring the computer for a while.  I actually started 2-3 posts but they wound up sounding, well lame or whiny or downright narcissistic to me in the daylight so I pitched them.  Lately, I am spending a good chunk of my day on the computer and I have no real motivation to jump on the computer when I get home.  Especially when greeted with this face...


SIL Update - after 33 days in hospital, they finally released her on Monday to go home.  Extended recovery and some complications with infection kept her there for way longer than planned.  As tired as we were on making the trek up to the hospital every other day, she was ready to finally make a break.  Still going to be a long road to recovery, but at least she is doing it at home.  My wife is planning to spend the nights with her for the next month or so, which really puts a twist in on our holiday plans.  

Holiday prep - Still a long ways to go for my Xmas shopping.  Seems like I go later each year on finding the right gifts for everyone.  So far, I have avoided the mall completely this year, but may have to make a run this weekend to nail down a few things.  With our chaotic schedule it has been hard to get into the spirit but we are making progress.  I only have 1/2 the lights up but I hope to get everything out by this weekend.  At least the tree is up now.  Now if I can only find some figgy pudding.  Ho Ho Ho.  

4 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Good to see you - and Claire!

Sounds like you have had plenty to keep you from blogging - I have been lax lately, but trying to get back into things.

Have a great Christmas!

Abby said...

Well look who's here! I was about to send out a posse!

I'm actually glad to hear it's just *laziness* that's kept you away ;). It is a busy time of year. And wow, 33 days in a hospital!? She must be glad to have made parole. Here's to a swift recovery!

ShadowRun300 said...

Whew. I'm glad it was just 'laziness' too. I was gettin' worried boutcha.
Nice to hear you SIL is at home now. She's lucky to have Mrs. Agg to help out. Best wishes for a speedy(er) recovery.
And if you don't make it back here by Christmas, have a great one!

meleah rebeccah said...

"Honestly, I have lost my muse and cannot seem to find her.  I have been playing catch up at the office (seems like I am always doing that) on all of the reports and projects I have picked up.  Sorry if I have overlooked my blog friends, but I have been ignoring the computer for a while."

Been there. Done that. Totally understand.



* 33 days in the hospital? OY! Oh man. That's just terrible. Thank goodness your SIL is finally home.

* If it makes you feel any better - I have YET to buy a SINGLE gift.