Something about getting up at zero dark thirty, tossing on your running togs, lacing up the shoes, and hitting the cold, wet streets before the crack of dawn with several thousand other insane people just doesn't quite seem right. What kind of insane person would do that? Even better, there are wackos out there who actually PAY money to run in the dark! Been there. Done that. Got the shirt.
Mucho blog juju to ShadowRun300 on her first (of many) half marathon tomorrow. Y'all need to jump over and wish her luck.
A few of the best slogans I've read over the years:
- If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes.
- Runners do it with rhythm.
- Dear God, please let there be someone behind me to read this.
- This isn't sweat. It's liquid awesome!
- I know I run like a girl. Try to keep up.
- I do not run to add days to my life... add life to my days.
- I took the road less traveled by, now where the heck am I?
- Either you RUN the day or the day RUNS you.
- There will be days I don't know if I can do a Half-Marathon. There will be a lifetime knowing I have.