19 January 2008

Wow, has is been a year since I attempted this deal? What a lazy bastard.

I thought I would try my hand at blogging like the rest of ya'll out there but did not seem to want to stick with it. I have begun to appreciate a lot of the long time bloggers out there who stick with it every day. Not sure I could be lucid every day but willing to give it a try.


Here's an update on me since I made my last attempt at blogging (if anyone cares)...

Went hunting with my brother out in Del Rio (bagged an 85 lb hog), went to Puerto Rico for a week my nephew's wedding, got to spend 12 days on the trail backpacking with a crew of scouts at Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico, attended most of the Aggie home games, passed my CHL test (still waiting on the background check) and, oh yea, got told that I have prostate cancer. Ain't that a bitch? Was feeling pretty damn good and had no real complaints (except for the normal ones) when I got that little "surprise" back in August. I've been keeping that one under my hat for a while but finally told some co-workers and friends that I am going out for surgery next week. Should be back in the saddle within a few weeks. As I have been telling more & more people, I ain't trying to seek sympathy or pity, but just trying to let everyone know of the importance of getting tested yearly. Maybe if anyone shows interest I may post my little diatribe to my friends.


Otherwise, life is good. I have always been grateful for what we have and never tried to complain about the hand we have been dealt (boy, doesn't that sound philosphical?).


Hope ya'll are doing well on this cold & wet evening!


Chance favors the prepared mind...





No comments: