- What was I thinking?
- Will I ever learn?
- I am too old and too fat to do this, again.
- I really let the young uns have a turn.
- I would much rather sleep in on a cold Sunday morning.
- Time qualifier - your last race time is under a certain time limit (full - 4:00, half 1:52). As many times as I have done this run, I have yet to break the 2:00 mark
- Deferred from 2014
- Third Time's a Charm (been in the lottery for 3 times but have not been selected)
- Marathon Veteran - have run 10+ Marathons (sorry, halfs don't count) - sometimes referred to as legacy runners
- Select a Run for A Cause Charity (you volunteer to raise money for sponsored charities)
It was the last one that I have been doing for a few years. First one I did was under the Cancer Society banner but the past few runs have been for the Epilepsy Foundation. Was a bit more expensive to get in the door, but I figured it was for a good cause. This year, I was pondering if I was really going to do it one more time but this time I was going to put my name into the lottery and let the running gods decide my fate. My running has been completely off lately. I just haven't had the time or motivation. I've sort of lost my muse this year. It is also at this time of the year I do the Father's Day 5k downtown. That usually gives me a spiritual kick in the butt motivation to get back into the running groove.
So, here I sit all fat, dumb and happy when I got a reminder the other day that early registration was ending. Figuring I didn't qualify, I still reviewed the form and found a slight change to previous years. One new qualifier they added for this year is:
- 5+ Houston Marathon or Half Marathon Finishes: Runners who have completed 5 or more Houston Marathons or Houston Half Marathons
Stupid is as stupid does...